Can't Find What Your Looking For?

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oh Boy, July was a Dooosie!

As I'm sure you can see my posts have been a bit sparse. I don't even know where to begin. In the recent past my two year old has been waking before me and "wrecking shop" as we like to call it. I've woken up to tea bags cut open and sprinkled all over the kitchen, dry erase maker all over the kitchen floor, butter and eggs in a pan on my couch & all over the carpet ("a birthday cake for my baby"), doggy toothpaste smeared into the carpet, bathroom drawers filled with water and I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings! I'm sure you're getting a great laugh out of this, but at the time it was NOT funny! That on top of the fact that I wasn't really feeling well, it just escalated my stress level! And that was about all the energy I had. To top it off my car broke down (in the Las Vegas heat) and I had a really frustrating doctors visit. The doctors visit was the proverbial straw. I went in with a list of complaints, a book & some herbs that related to one of my concerns. He stated that "there was a lot of controversy around that" but not whether he was going to look into it, he didn't. The rest of the visit he seemed as if he was going to do whatever it took to get to the bottom of it. He ordered blood work. I went back after the blood work, pretty much said everything was fine, that I needed to watch my weight and sent me on my way. He didn't address the fact that I still had all the same symptoms! I was pretty much furious. Anyway, that led me to research stress relief online and the first site I visited mentioned magnesium being helpful for reducing stress. I new I had some and went to take some right away. I almost immediately felt better. The following week, I went and picked up a copy of my lab work. I find out that my cholesterol is very high, while my good cholesterol is low. My glucose level is in the range for diabetes & one more thing that escapes me at the moment.

Despite all this, there is some good that's come out of it. I've eaten a salad almost everyday since July 9th. That coming from a girl who used to say things like, I don't want to eat lettuce, I'm not a rabbit. I've eaten more salad in this month than I probably have in my whole life. And this Friday, I'm headed to see a master herbalist, which I'm very excited about!

Hope you'll continue to stick with me through the ups and down's of life! Looking for a great salad recipe, you'll find some here.

No comments:

Post a Comment