Can't Find What Your Looking For?

Friday, April 27, 2012

Easy Apple Coleslaw {Recipe}

It feels like summer here in Nevada already, so for us that already means picnics and potlucks. So I thought I'd share my favorite Coleslaw recipe. I typically don't like coleslaw, potato, or macaroni salads. But this one is so good and simple.

Ingredients: 
3/4 c mayonnaise
1-2 T honey
Dash or two of seasoned salt
1 bag coleslaw mix (about 10 oz.)
2 apples (any kind you like), chopped small

Mix the mayo with the honey (to taste), add the seasoned salt to taste. Chop the apple and add it to the dressing mix. If you do this right away it will keep the apples from browning. Mix in the coleslaw. This will not last overnight, so please don't try to make it ahead.

Find more Homemaking Hints at Heavenly Homemakers.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I also like some kind of fruit in my chicken salad. Grapes, pineapple or apples...a little sweet with the salty.

    Visiting from Heavenly Homemakers!

    Tara @ Simply Made Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh pineapple sounds good! Maybe I'll try that! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete