1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup honey
2 T coconut oil/olive oil/butter (do not use margarine, or canola oil)
1 t vinegar
1/4 cup flax meal
3 T wheat bran
3 cups whole white wheat flour
2 1/4 t active dry yeast
In a small saucepan over low heat, warm milk, honey, oil and vinegar to about 115 degrees. Add to the pan for the bread machine. Then add flour, flax meal, and wheat bran. Make a hole for yeast. Add in the yeast. Put the pan in the machine if its not there already and select the dough cycle. Grease the loaf pan. When the dough cycle is done, remove dough from machine and form into a loaf shape (you may need to flour or oil your hands to keep the bread from sticking), place in the loaf pan. Cover with a damp towel and let rise. If its too cool for the bread to rise heat your oven to 200 degrees, turn it off and place the bread inside until its risen. Then remove bread from oven and preheat to 350 degrees. When oven is hot, place bread inside and bake for 25-30 minutes. Bread is done when its golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
Some extra tips:
- Let your ingredients come to room temperature before beginning.
- The temperature of the liquid allows you time to measure and add your dry ingredients without it getting too cold. You don't need to rush, if you do it will likely be too hot and kill the yeast. Work at your usual pace.
- Don't scoop or pack the floor, spoon it in.
- Cool slightly, then remove from pan to cool the rest of the way, then place in a bag to keep it from drying out.
- Canola oil will cause it to get moldy faster.