Can't Find What Your Looking For?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Local Library!


So today I went to the local library for the 1st time since I moved here. (aside from the university libraries). You pretty much don't have to interact with the library staff at all if you don't want to. You can go in look around, use the computer to find something in particular and then scan your library card and all your items and they print you out a reciept with the dates all your items are due back and away you go. On top of that you can have up to 35 items checked out at once. 35! With that many your likely to lose something! My husband said thats the idea, you lose it then you have to pay for it. :D Anyway I was just really impressed. Plus they had these neat little set ups of books displayed by topic for example books for moms or science or nautical literature. Books of interest picked out and set up by volunteers. All in all I was very pleased with my local library today. Can't wait to start reading. Anyone want to recommend a book? Leave any suggestions in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment