Can't Find What Your Looking For?

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap {Recipe}

Modified recipe #9 in this list to get the following recipe.

What you need:

*2 Bars of Soap, Grated (should be actual soap, not a beauty bar or something else). I used Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap. {Update: this soap will leave a hard to remove film on the inside of your washing machine.}
*1 ~ 4lb 12oz. Box  Borax
*1 ~ 55 oz. Box Arm and Hammer Washing Soda (different from Baking Soda)
*7 cups Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
*20-25 Drops Essential Oil, I used Lavender cause that's what I had available.
*Container to store it in. Should be bigger than a shoe box sized tote.
*Grater

Grate soap. I used my KitchenAid Food Processor for this. Then I changed from the grater to the chopping blade and put 1 cup of each with a little extra of borax in the food processor and processed of about 30 seconds. Then I stirred to make sure the soap was getting mixed in. Then with the processor running I added a few drops of essential oil to each batch. I think it took me about 7 batches. If I had a bigger container, I would have put all the soap in and added other stuff till it was almost full and processed that to get the soap to be fine granules. Then I would have put the rest of the ingredients into the container and shook it to get it all mixed together. You need 2 T per load, I'm using an old coffee scoop.

Check out what else I used this recipe for here.

No comments:

Post a Comment