Can't Find What Your Looking For?

Thursday, September 1, 2011

How to Make Bacon without Getting Burned from Popping Grease!

My family loves bacon! Lately we've been eating it much more frequently, but I hate getting burned by popping grease. Not to mention the huge mess it makes all over my stove and the surrounding counter even thought I use a splatter screen. That got me to thinking, can bacon be cooked in the oven? There's got to be an easier way. A quick Google search later and I confirmed that people have in fact cooked bacon in the oven. So if you're looking for a quick and easy way to make bacon, here's what you do.

Step 1: Cut entire package of bacon, with the wrapper still on in half.
Step 2. Get out 2 cookie sheets, some articles suggested wrapping with foil for easy clean up, but we didn't have big enough foil and used two pieces and it didn't really help, you decided if this is worth it for you.
Step 3: Place bacon on cookie sheets.
Step 4: Put bacon in oven and set to 400 degrees. DO NOT Preheat. Set timer for 17 mins. Watch closely after that if you think it needs a little more cooking. It should look golden brown when it's done.

Making bacon while making pancakes or something else becomes a lot easier! Check out my post on "How to Make Crumbled Bacon" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment