Can't Find What Your Looking For?

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Garlic Parmesan Sauce {Recipe}

My favorite sauce on pizza is white sauce and when I make pizza at home I usually use Ragu's Garlic Parmesan Sauce. But as I try to improve my diet, I don't like what I read on the label, plus I was out the other night. So a quick internet search helped me find a fabulous recipe. I couldn't help but share with you.

~2 T butter
~1 T garlic powder
~2 T flour
~1 c chicken broth
~1/2 c milk {I used leftover cream from making whipped cream from scratch for the how to click here}
~salt and pepper to taste {I used about an 1/8th of a teaspoon each}

Place butter in sauce pan, melt. Add garlic powder, mix. Add flour, cook for 1 minute. Add broth and milk, whisking frequently. Cook until thickened. Add Parmesan cheese and salt n pepper. {The original recipe says it takes 5 minutes. That was not true for me. Even if it only took 2 minutes for most of the assembly, it took a long time to thicken.}You can see the original here.

Looking for a great pizza crust recipe, check out this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment