The recipe is modified slightly from Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo. I really like this book so far!
I made this yesterday morning for Breakfast but it makes enough for two mornings so its also today's breakfast.
- 1 large Zucchini, shredded and strained
- 2 large Carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary-Sage Salt (recipe also in the book) I used Basil and Salt
- 12 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, Bacon Grease, or Coconut Oil
- Ham, pork sausage, ground beef, or bacon, cooked (optional) (I used Italian Turkey Sausage)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Squeeze out the excess water from the zucchini using cheese cloth, a strainer bag or a flour sack towel. (This step isn't absolutely necessary, but will help to yield a better consistency to your quiche). Mix together the zucchini, carrots, rosemary-sage salt, eggs and meat (if using) in a large bowl, and then set aside. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour the egg mixture into the pan. For a swirled effect, use a fork to create a circular pattern before baking. (Doesn't work very well with meat added). Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the edges are brown. The quiche will puff up while baking and then deflate when removed from the oven.