Can't Find What Your Looking For?

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Rosemary and Basil Grass-fed Burgers

This recipe is modified from a book called The Autoimmune Solution by: Dr. Amy Myers, M.D.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound Organic Grass-fed Beef
  • 1 pound Ground Bacon (pastured if possible), Pork or Sausage
  • 2 t Dried Granulated Garlic (about the size of salt granules)
  • 2 t Dried Minced Onion
  • 3 t Dried Rosemary
  • 3 t Dried Basil
  • 1/2 t Real Salt
  • 1/2 t Black Pepper

In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, add the meat and all the spices. Turn on a couple clicks and let mix until spices are well incorporated. (I use my stand mixer because sometimes I'm not strong enough to get meat mixed well, but it works fine to use a regular ole bowl and your hands). Form into 8 patties. These freeze well, just make sure to put butcher paper in between the patties. Cook to your preference. (The images above are being cooked from frozen, I love to make all my burgers ahead of time, especially in big batches).

{Tip}: You have to try the make ahead and freeze in big batches concept. I'd heard it a couple times before I tried it and I seriously thought how much time can it really save you? I was amazed! It really saves a lot of time and clean up energy. But likely you'll have to try it yourself to believe me, so try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment